Issue 13 of Nanooze completes our 4 part series on Chemistry, begun in conjunction with of the International Year of Chemistry. ( see issue 10, issue 11, issue 12) .The unifying theme of issue 13 is one of the 4 commandments that are basic to understanding nanotechnology, that “Molecules in their natural environment have unusual properties”.
Download, View, and Print Issue #13 as normal PDF
View Issue #13 as electronic book (flippable pages)
Issue #13 is currently not available in print.
As always, you may request free classroom packs of any of the available issue of Nanooze (free to US public and private schools as well as various university and museum programs).
Topics in this issue include
- Unique properties of water
- Light interaction with quantum dots
- Carbon- Graphene and graphite
- Smaller and smaller electronic devices-How small can we go?
- An interview with chemist Wim Noorduin–with some pictures of “nano-flowers”